A call for responsible innovation on the basis of a diagnosis of 6 current deficits of the global innovation system.
A power point presentation can be downloaded here
- Need for governance mechanisms for outcomes of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Address market failures in order to deliver on societally desirable innovations
- Align Science. Technology and innovation policy with broadly shared public values.
- Shift focus from technological potentials to societally desirable objectives
- Shift to open scholarship in order to make science better by improved reproduceabilty, efficiency and more responsiveness to societal challenges
- Implement anticipatory governance mechanisms in the policy making process by using a combination of Foresight, technology assessment and normative (participatory) design.