Jerry Ravetz’s website: great man, great work:
Jerry Ravetz: Philosopher at large
Center for Science, Society and Citizenship
Center for Science,Society and Citizenship
EU funded Projects
This project seeks to advance a normative model for Responsible Innovation based on constitutional values in order to inform societal desirability, at a global level
GREAT (Governance for Responsible Innovation)
Res-AGorA (Responsible Research and Innovation in a Distributed Anticipatory Governance Frame. A Constructive Socio-normative Approach)
RESPONSIBILITY (Global Model and Observatory for International
Responsible Research and Innovation Coordination)
CONSIDER, Civil society OrgaNisationS In Designing rEsearch governance
· NERRI – Project which aims to contribute to the introduction of RRI in neuro-enhancement (NE) in the European Area. The project will involve different stakeholders and will promote a broad societal dialogue about neuro-enhancement.
· SYNENERGENE – Mobilization and mutual learning action plan (MMLAP) for RRI in synthetic biology. The goal is to establish an open dialogue between stakeholders concerning synbio’s potential benefits and risks, and to explore possibilities for its collaborative shaping on the basis of public participation.
· IRRESISTIBLE – Design activities that foster the involvement of students and the public in the process of RRI. The consortium aims to raise awareness on RRI by increasing pupils’ content knowledge about research.
· PIER – (Public involvement with an Exhibition on Responsible research and innovation) is a RRI project dedicated to European research on the Sea.
· RRI TOOLS – Project to foster RRI in Europe with a view to a harmonious and efficient relationship between science and society. Therefore the outcomes of the research and innovation process will be aligned to the values, needs and expectations of European citizens.
· ENGAGE – Equipping the next generation to participate in scientific issues to change how science is taught. Traditionally students gain an image of science as a body of content, whereas RRI deals with uncertain areas of knowledge, where values and argument matter as much as facts.
· SATORI – The aim is to improve respect of ethics principles and laws in research and innovation, and to make sure that they are adequately adapted to the evolution of technologies and societal concerns.
· PARRISE – Introducing the concept of Responsible Research and Innovation in primary and secondary education to build a scientifically literate society, which enables its citizens to participate in the research and innovation process, calls for empowered democratic citizens who are able to engage in socio-scientific inquiry and debate.
NanoDiode – The project establishes a coordinated programme for outreach and dialogue throughout Europe with the aim to support the effective governance of nanotechnologies.
is an EU-funded project that explores how private corporations can conduct their research and innovation activities responsibly