30 January 2013: the highest funded project in human history, the human brain project, is to include a responsible research and innovation (RRI) approach. It indeed does satisfy some crucial elements of RRI, I proposed, such as a systematic foresight component, an integrated social-ethical dimension, as well as the particpation of embedded social scientists.
Kings College will be executing the foresight component.
Rene von Schomberg is a science and technologies studies specialist and a philosopher. He holds Ph.D's from the University of Twente (NL) (Science and Technology Studies) and J.W.Goethe University in Frankfurt (Philosophy). He has been a European Union Fellow at George Mason University, USA in 2007 and is affiliated with the European Commission
- @Isabella83 perfect presentation. Well done! 1 week ago
- The first Open Science Monitor ever is launched. Have a look: renevonschomberg.wordpress.com/science-in-tra… 1 week ago
- RT @ShefUniPolitics: Great opportunity for 5 Professorial Research Fellows @SheffSocScience jobs.ac.uk/job/AXQ718/pro… Closing date 6th April. 1 week ago
- RT @jameswilsdon: Next generation metrics for open science. Our review for @Moedas is out today ec.europa.eu/research/opens… @vonschomberg @paul… 1 week ago
- Open innovation is growing, but universities may be missing out on the action lnkd.in/gxhU4gP 1 week ago