430 people attending and well over a 100 citizen scientist sharing their experience with an engaged audience on dozens of topics covering areas of the world where scientists normally dont come…..
The share scale of operating citizen scientist all over the world allows tackling issues at a global level.
The sole difference with “normal” science: citizen scientist feel they have a stake in the outcome.
programme and more info on:Programme and info on citzen science summit in London
- riskscience.umich.edu/responsible-in… 6 hours ago
- policyscotland.gla.ac.uk/promoting-resp… 6 hours ago
- Tree loss mapped in 'near real time' bbc.co.uk/news/science-e… 2 weeks ago
- Exellent start of Citizen CyberScience conference in London, 20 February 2014 lnkd.in/dSgb6NP 2 weeks ago
- Exellent start of Citizen CyberScience conference in London, 20 February 2014 wp.me/p1tvex-6f 2 weeks ago
Thinking at the frontline of public policy
Dr. Dr.phil. René von Schomberg is an agricultural scientist and philosopher. Author/(co-)editor of 12 books
He holds Ph.D’s from:
The University of Twente, the Netherlands (Science and Technology Studies)
J.W.Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Philosophy).
He has been a European Union Fellow at George Mason University, USA in 2007 and has been with the European Commission since 1998. Before joining the Commission he was teaching at Twente University and Tilburg University in the Netherlands.